Luting cements and luting composites: How do I make the right choice?
With the range of restorative materials, luting cements and luting composites steadily growing, dentists are finding it increasingly difficult to decide on the correct cementation material when seating a restoration. Which material is best suited for which indication? How can you stay on top of the situation and keep an overview?
3 useful tips:
1. Product systems: benefit from more reliability
Product systems can help you identify the correct material more easily. They consist of materials from one manufacturer that complement each other and are integrated into a comprehensive system. These systems give you more reliability because the individual components have been developed in alignment with each other and tested together. The procedure is usually easier to learn than procedures involving individual products from different manufacturers, each with different requirements and restrictions.
2. Specific recommendations: what does the manufacturer say?
Pay attention to specific recommendations and other advice that the manufacturer may provide. Manufacturers recommend a treatment protocol that is tailored to their materials so that they can leverage their strengths – for instance simplified processing steps. Ivoclar Vivadent gives you interactive user support such as case-specific video tutorials for its luting materials.
3. Product offering: simple, straightforward and clear
Find a materials partner with a clearly arranged and straightforward product offering. An example: Ivoclar Vivadent recommends only just two materials for the cementation of a wide range of different types of restorations and materials. These materials complement each other optimally:
- Variolink Esthetic is a luting composite that is ideally designed for seating highly esthetic ceramic restorations made of lithium disilicate and glass ceramic (e.g. IPS e.max CAD/Press) or composite (e.g. Tetric CAD).
- SpeedCEM Plus is a luting cement that is optimally suited for the efficient cementation of retentively prepared restorations made of zirconium oxide (e.g. IPS e.max ZirCAD).
Conclusion: always get the right match
Coordinated processes and products, combined with clear recommendations from the manufacturer, allow you to benefit from a high level of accuracy in selecting the right material - for optimum handling, excellent results and high efficiency.
The right cementation for every clinical situation - book your consultation now.
Variolink, SpeedCEM and IPS e.max are registered trademarks of Ivoclar Vivadent AG. The availability of certain products may vary from country to country.