Tip for the dental clinic: adhesive application made easy and efficient
There is no need to use conventional bottle-brush systems to apply adhesives in the dental clinic. A clever alternative is available.
Efficiency is increasingly becoming a pivotal part of the dental clinic. Dentists can considerably improve their workflow efficiency by carefully choosing and comparing the materials and equipment they are using. Adhesive systems are a case in point. Time and material can be saved by selecting an appropriate delivery form.
Bottle-free adhesive application offers advantages
Dr Helena Koch Bienas (Switzerland) is a dentist who has been using conventional bottle-brush systems for many years. “Although I have been using this delivery form for a long time, it comes with certain disadvantages,” she says. “Among other things, dispensing a controlled amount of material is difficult. There’s always a risk of applying too much.”
Enhanced efficiency in the dental clinic
In the meantime, Dr Koch Bienas has discovered another method: adhesive application of Adhese Universal with the VivaPen. “This method has many advantages over bottle-brush systems,” she points out. The most important ones for her are:
- Method is flexible to match all etching techniques, without any loss of quality.
- Adhesive can be applied in thinner coatings than is possible with other systems.
- Application is easy to perform.
- Thin metal cannula allows the adhesive to be dispensed in controlled amounts exactly to the area where needed.
- Compared with conventional plastic applicators, the metal tip keeps its pre-bend form and does not bounce back.
- Application pen rests comfortably in the hand.
A well-devised system for efficient esthetics
The VivaPen is part of an integrated system:
Providing a full range of finely tuned components, the 3s PowerCure system empowers dental practitioners to deliver high-quality esthetic posterior restorations using an economical method. The 3s PowerCure product system comprises the Adhese Universal adhesive and the high-performance Bluephase PowerCure light in addition to the sculptable Tetric PowerFill and the flowable Tetric PowerFlow 4-mm composites. These products combine to provide dental clinicians with a consistent, user-friendly system for the direct restorative therapy.