Natural-looking all-ceramic restorations made easy
Would you like to work more efficiently and achieve exceptionally esthetic results in the fabrication of natural-looking all-ceramic restorations? The IPS e.max Shade Navigation app allows you to accomplish this task. It will optimize your working methods. Learn more.
Select shades more easily and efficiently
The Shade Navigation app (SNA) helps you to optimally integrate your restoration in the patient’s mouth in terms of its shade. It takes the worry out of shade selection by breaking down the shade selection process into five user-friendly steps. It chooses the ideal translucency level and shade, while it takes into consideration all the factors that significantly influence the overall colour of the restoration – for example the interplay of the shade of the prepared tooth and the layer thickness of the restorative material.
The following 5 steps will make shade selection seem like child’s play:
- Enter the tooth shade: Use the A-D shade guide for this purpose and record the tooth shade defined after teeth cleaning.
- Enter the indication: Select the desired indication.
- Enter the shade of the prepared tooth: Determine the shade of the prepared tooth with the help of the IPS Natural Die Material shade guide at the largest, most discoloured part of the tooth.
- Enter the layer thickness: Determine the layer thickness – either manually with callipers or digitally with the CAD software.
Tip: Measure veneers and crowns at the thinnest vestibular point and inlays and onlays at the thinnest occlusal point.
- Enter the material: Select the desired material (IPS e.max CAD, IPS e.max Press or IPS e.max ZirCAD).
Precise determination and clear recommendation
Once you have entered the required parameters, the app will accurately determine the suitable block, ingot or disc for your purpose. It will provide you with an easy-to-understand recommendation, which takes into account all the parameters you have entered.
More efficiency: no wasted time
Everyone who uses an Android or iOS smartphone or a tablet PC can take advantage of this system. With the SNA at your fingertips, you can concentrate on the work that you love the most, without wasting valuable time. All you have to do is enter the required information and the app will find the best possible solution for you.
In order to enhance your efficiency, the app allows you to visualize the esthetic outcome. The five steps of shade selection are integrated in the navigational tool, which will provide you with a preview of the result. The app offers you the possibility of comparing the result with the A-D shade guide and making the necessary preliminary shade adjustments.